Interior ministry investigation under way to determine cause of fire that also left 12 people injured.
Eleven people have died in a fire at a labour accommodation in Qatar, the country's interior ministry said.
The ministry said the fire on Wednesday night, only reported a day later, also left 12 people injured.
The accommodation facility belonged to a company working on the Salwa Tourism Project, the ministry said on Twitter, adding that an investigation was ongoing to determine the cause of the fire.
The nationalities of the dead were not released. Hundreds of thousands of migrant workers, many of them South Asian, work in the Gulf Arab state.
An online news report said charred bodies were brought to a hospital morgue after the fire in Abu Samra in the south of the country.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Protests after Anaheim policeman drags teen, fires gun
- Democrats invite immigrants to Trump's Congress speech
- New earth-like exoplanets discovery 'best bet' for life
- Philippine court orders arrest of senator Leila de Lima
- Calls for calm ahead of anti-migrant Pretoria rally
- Somali president names Hassan Ali Khaire prime minister
|Timothy V. Gatto|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|