Mohiyeh al-Tabakhi suffered fatal heart attack after being hit with a rubber-coated bullet, medical sources say.
A Palestinian boy was killed by Israeli soldiers who fired rubber-coated bullets at demonstrators near Jerusalem, said the Palestinian health ministry.
"Mohiyeh al-Tabakhi, 12, was killed by shots fired by occupation soldiers in the Al-Ram area near Jerusalem," the ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.
The Palestinian suburb in the occupied West Bank near Jerusalem is cut off from the Holy City by the "separation wall" built by Israel. The boy was hit in the chest by a rubber-coated bullet which caused cardiac arrest, medical sources were quoted by the Palestinian news agency WAFA as saying.
Israeli police said tear gas grenades and sound bombs had been used against demonstrators in the area.
"After being pelted with Molotov cocktails, police used tear gas and stun grenades to disperse the protesters," police spokeswoman Luba Samri told AFP.
"There was no live fire," she added.
Earlier on Tuesday, a Palestinian was shot after stabbing two Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank. He died of his wounds, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Mustafa Baradeah, 51, lightly wounded the soldiers with a screwdriver before being shot, the army said. They said he had a knife in his possession.
Monday's attack took place near Al-Arroub, north of the flashpoint West Bank city of Hebron.
Baradeah's brother Ibrahim was killed in April after carrying out an attack with an axe that left a soldier lightly wounded.
Baradeah was from Al-Arroub refugee camp, located about half way between Bethlehem and Hebron.
Violence in the Palestinian territories and Israel since last October has killed at least 217 Palestinians, 34 Israelis, two Americans, an Eritrean and a Sudanese, according to an AFP count.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- MSF: Nigeria air strike on refugee camp kills dozens
- Adama Barrow sworn in as Gambia's president in Senegal
- Suicide attack kills dozens at army base in Mali's Gao
- Syria's war: Rebel groups to attend Astana peace talks
- Russian and Turkish jets 'bomb ISIL' in Syria's Al Bab
- Thousands flee Gambia as crisis deepens
- Is Trump going to be hoodwinked by Netanyahu such as Obama?
- Palestinians in Israel strike after deadly Negev raid
- Fatah and Hamas to form unity government
- Palestinians killed in Israeli home demolition raid
- 2017: Palestine’s Three Dark Commemorations
- Palestinian teen killed by Israeli army during clashes
|Allen L. Jasson|